Wednesday 11 April 2012

The first of many!


Hey there, let me just start out by saying that i have absolutely no idea where to start! There's so much i want to cover with this blog, so i figure we're just going to start there; what my goals are with this blog. Well, first of all the main idea behind this currently oh-so-blank blog is to be a relatively comprehensive list of all sandbox and sandboxie MMO's out there (with the first one being the focus). I've found that there's some truly great sandbox games out there, they're just pretty hard to find because a lot of these sandbox games are made my small indie companies that cant afford throwing millions into advertising.

That's the main objective for now; Listing all the sandbox MMO goodness out there, everything from veteran games like Eve Online to upcoming titles such as ArcheAge and Salem. Eventually i'd like to go a bit in-depth with as many titles as possible, pointing out strengths and weaknesses of each title and try to give you a sense of what each title wants to accomplish and how it fares compared to other sandbox MMOs out there (so yeah, essentially a review, but with a focus on what the title is and isnt, rather than a rant about how much i like / dislike the game in question), but that's way down the road.




I should probably also say something about myself; I've been playing computer games for a pretty long time now, over time i've quickly come to favor multiplayer games which, naturally, made me heavily addicted to MMO's (my first being World of Warcraft, like so many other people). I quickly grew frustrated with WoW however; I wanted to have an impact on the world and i wanted to shape my own history, instead of just going through a preset story in the form of yellow exclamation marks dotting the road. That led me to sandbox MMOs i could draw everything out in detail if i felt like it was the sensible thing to do, but this blog is not about me (which is also the reason why i've decided to be anonymous, i like to think that's a way to show that i'm just here to support the blog and not the other way around), and as such we're going to leave it at that; my alias is Sandbox Freak, i've played pretty much every sandbox MMO that's been live over the last 7 years, and i'm confident that i can make it easier for you, my fellow nerd, to find that awesome sandbox multiplayer experience you're looking for.

So, that's the first blogpost almost at an end, in the following days i'll add my list of sandbox games and fiddle with some handy way to make it really easy to find the most basic of info about a bunch of the sandbox MMOs out there.

So long people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.